Here we hope to bring you news about recent cruising exploits by Skerries sailors and friends.
Saturday 22nd April 2017
See a 360 degree view of the bay as it appeared at the end of the cruiser launch!
Watch SKERRIES CRUISER LAUNCH DAY, a record of the day’s activity.
Recent posts about Cruising are shown below. Click on the title to see the full post.
- A Pontoon for Drogheda! Louth County Council have approved a pontoon for the port of Drogheda, to be located on the south side of the river near Scotch Hall and to be ready in time for next year's Maritime Festival!
- Barnageeragh Picnic! An invasion of dinghies and cruisers descended on the quiet bay at Barnageerah on Saturday 13th August 2016. This event had been organised by cruiser captain Kathryn Collins and, by all accounts, was a big success.
- Sail Trim Tips Two video clips that contain tips about sail trim and come highly recommended by Paul Harrison.
- Apps for Cruising Here are suggestions about apps that are useful to have on your smart phone or tablet. Some will work anywhere, some depend on an internet connection, some depend in part on an internet connection (e.g. to download a map). Most of the apps quoted have iphone/ipad and Android versions. (We include some apps for racing also!) Your comments about apps you found useful are welcome.
- Picnic off Lambay On Saturday 30th July 2016, a number of boats headed for anchorage off Lambay to have a picnic together. Cruiser Captain Kathryn Collins reports ...
- A Survey about Cruising A fascinating survey into cruising in these waters has been carried out under the auspices of the “Cool Route” Project working with Cork Institute of Technology. (“Cool Route” is a registered trade mark.) A summary follows ...