SSC 2020 Annual Regatta Cancelled

The Commodore, Vice-Commodore and sailing secretary have decided, with consultation of our PRO, that due to the impending forecast coupled with the new Government restrictions it would be the safest option to cancel this years regatta. Many thanks to all volunteers who had put their name forward to help. 

Normal club racing will now be taking place Sunday the 23rd instead. Under the new guidelines all sailors participating in racing are asked to be extra vigilant in maintaining social distancing at all times, especially before and after sailing. We would also ask as to avoid congregations/ crowding after sailing that if you are not using the bar-restaurant facility in the downstairs part of the sailing club to avoid the area as to ensure sufficient spacing between tables, pods and groups.

While this is an unfortunate bump in the road we have enjoyed excellent sailing to date, with 28 boats on the water on the Sunday just gone, one of our biggest numbers in recent seasons. The goal from now is to finish out our season in a safe and fun manner.